From Asian baos and Southern-style barbecue, to handmade boba and craft cocktails, Off the Grid Catering offers an unparalleled selection of mobile cuisine to suit every taste via a community of nearly 300 food and beverage partners. Off the Grid is a food-truck logistics company serving meals to major companies, parks, and private events occurring all around San Francisco Bay area.
We currently maintain 3 main front-end applications and more than 10 micro services powering them.
Our Experience app gives users the power to quickly find OTG experiences near you, browse menus, order ahead from anywhere and have it ready when you get there with order progress notifications.
- Explore: Menu items or Creators, to plan your upcoming market visits.
- Order Ahead: Streamline your experience by planning and ordering ahead. Browse menus descriptions, ingredients, and photos to help easily decide what to order.
- Digital Wallet: Pay with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Get Notified: Receive notifications when your order is being prepared and when it’s ready for pick up. Avoid the lines with contact-less pick-up.
- Order History: Review all your previous and upcoming orders, download receipts, share comments, and feedback about your Off The Grid experiences.
- Access to Exclusive Offers: Receive exclusive access to special offers and promotions from Off the Grid partners.
- Register: Log in with your biometrics
Creator App is the application used by food-truck vendors to organize their daily sales and quickly process payments and changes to the displaying menu.
It's the creator's sidekick for staying organized, getting paid, and tracking business performance—Off the Grid Creator allows vendors to view your upcoming schedule, launch the Off the Grid Point of Sale Terminal (powered by Square), and view event performance metrics.
- View Your Off the Grid Schedule
- Keep track of upcoming events with our event calendar
- View past events, including event performance data
- Accept Payments at Off the Grid Events—Powered by Square
- Connect your Square account to use the Off the Grid Point of Sale Terminal for upcoming events. Don't have a Square account? Create one in the app and get started.
- Pair Square card readers
- Manage tax settings
- Accept all forms of payment, including chip cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay at Off the Grid events—no need for a separate payment processor
- View and manage all past transactions
- Automatically send Off the Grid event data to your Square account (Off the Grid will not have access to non-OTG event data)
- Continue to receive all the benefits that come with your existing Square account, including custom reporting and direct deposits to your bank account as fast as the next business day
- Manage Your Menu
- Manage your menu offerings directly from the app
- Give guests a real-time update of your menu offerings
- Customize your offerings with menu modifiers
- Access Custom Reporting & Performance Metrics
- Automatically report market sales data to Off the Grid, including credits and promotional offers
- View event-specific stats
- View overall Off the Grid performance data
We also manage the internal organization web app from where creators and admin staff can update the data that will be shown in both Creator and Experience app, along with several micro services that ensemble the whole architecture together.
Whether you're a foodie looking for the hottest food truck or just trying to make the most of a busy lunch break, with over 60 events per week and a network of over 200 food Creators, Off The Grid has you covered with the best local mobile food options in San Francisco Bay Area.
React Native, React JS, Angular JS, Graphql, REST, Hapi.js, Node, DynamoDB, MySQL, Docker, AWS, GitLab